Yaoundé, September 18, 2020
AUGENTIC / INCM partnership chosen to support the Republic of Cameroon in the modernization of the biometric passport and its issuance process.
AUGENTIC GmbH, a specialist in delivery of state-of-the-art and high secure identity solutions in partnership with Imprensa Nacional-Casa da Moeda – INCM, the State Printer of Portugal announced today a signature of a 10 year Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) contract with General Delegation for National Security (GDNS) in Cameroon.
The long-term contract was signed in Yaoundé between His Excellency Martin Mbarga Nguele – the Delegate General for National Security and Mr. Labinot Carreti — Chief Executive Officer of AUGENTIC on behalf of the German-Portuguese Consortium.
His Excellency Martin Mbarga Nguele – the Delegate General for National Security, said: “We express our gratitude to the Head of State for his approval of this strategic project. With this project, the problems we face today will only be distant memories because everything will be done online and fast. We thank this investment of AUGENTIC-INCM which allows us to be among countries with one of the most modern biometric passport solutions in the world.”
Labinot Carreti, AUGENTIC CEO, said: “We are honored to have been selected as partner of GDNS after a long tendering process with multiple phases. The partnership with INCM allowed us to mobilize one of the biggest investments in the history of Cameroon in the domain of Identity Documents. The strategy of our Company is to support governments in their path of digitalization of identity infrastructure. We are happy to help the great country of Cameroon become a leader in Africa and among top ranked countries in the world in terms of passport security and system performance”.
The Project includes 3 main phases financed fully by AUGENTIC-INCM partnership:
- The Building of a secure passport personalization and citizen enrollment center in Yaoundé
- Construction of a modern citizen enrollment Center in Douala
- Renovation or construction of 8 other regional enrollment offices
- Setting up a cashless citizen payment system for passport fees
- Setting up a state-of-the-art IT database, PKI, ABIS, data management, enrollment and personalization solution for biometric passport with polycarbonate datapage based on ICAO standards
- Setting up additional enrollment center for diplomatic passports in the Ministry of External Relations and enrollment center for service passports in GDNS
- Setting up enrollment infrastructure in embassies and consulates of Cameroon and their connection with the datacenter in Yaoundé
- Training of the operators and engineers across the country
- Operation of the project from the Consortium through creation of new high-technology jobs in Cameroon
- Setting up a logistic system to allow issuance of the biometric passports in the country within 48 hours
- For Cameroonian citizens living outside the country, the consortium will make the personalized passports available for expedition to the Ministry of External Relations within 48 hours after application
- Monthly reporting and statistics system for GDNS
- VIP Service in Yaoundé Office
- Before the transfer of the full infrastructure to the GDNS in the year 10, AUGENTIC will renew the entire solution
About AUGENTIC and INCM
AUGENTIC is a German based company specialized in the design, integration, and management of projects in the field of identification and IT security, Identity Management, Digital Currencies and Biometrics.
AUGENTIC’s mission is to enable to the customers to deliver state of the art and high secure identity and digital currency solutions for their countries. This will support the management of digitalization lying ahead which allows us to make the world a safer place.
AUGENTIC’s teams are internationally renowned for defining and implementing state-of-the art technology around electronic passport systems, electronic identity cards, drivers’ licenses, border control and all corresponding eGovernment functionalities.
AUGENTIC uses international standards to develop specific and unique turnkey systems and solutions for its customers. This approach enables customers to benefit from tailor-made solutions of exceptional and lasting quality.
The Portuguese Mint and Official Printing Office (INCM) is public company with more than 250 years expertise in security printing and production with a continuous operation since the end of the 13th century.
INCM offers goods and services that are essential to the functioning of Governments, such as complete identity and travel documents issuance solutions, tax stamp digital programs to secure and increase tax revenue, or the minting of circulation or collector coins, among others.
The evolution of new technologies makes security printing and digital security, strategic areas of development of the company that is addressing already the needs of the future like biometric authentication, secure digital/mobile identification and digital currency, and providing Portugal and other countries with last generation eGovernment solutions for more than 20 years now.
INCM is based in Lisbon (Portugal) with 2 production centres and employing over 700 specialised workers with a majority of engineers and technology developers.
INCM is focused on innovation and committed to overcoming the challenges of an increasingly fast-changing world by implementing modernization government programs always supported by the highest levels of security and trust.